Skip to main content

The Course I Thought I'd Finish in a Few Days ;p

 I recently enrolled in a course called Building a Sustainable Supply Chain for the Future: Strategies and Innovations for Creating Resilient and Eco-Friendly Supply Chains.


At first, seeing 21.5 hours of content didn't seem too intimidating. I thought that because it was self-paced, I could probably finish it within a few days if I managed my time well. I was wrong.


What I underestimated wasn't the course itself, but the challenge of balancing learning with everything else that needs attention in daily life. Between work, personal commitments, and other responsibilities, I've realised that I can realistically focus on about one subtopic per week. At that pace, I’ve now reached Topic 13, and the course has 17 topics in total.


It was a good reminder that self-study isn't necessarily faster just because you can set your own schedule. In many ways, it requires even more discipline and consistency.


Still, I'm not studying this just to collect another certificate. I'm genuinely interested in sustainability and want to contribute through writing and knowledge-sharing. I've also had the chance to work on sustainability related content, including helping to write an article on renewable energy for an engineer. 


My hope is that as I continue learning, I can support SMEs, organisations, or even individuals who need help communicating sustainability topics in a way that is easier to understand and more relevant to everyday people.


The journey is taking longer than I expected, but it's a subject I'm passionate about, so I'm happy to keep moving forward one topic at a time.



Comments

Popular Posts

Volunteer sekolah orang asli

 Pada 18 November yang lalu, saya menjadi sukarelawan di bawah sebuah organisasi bernama Bila Bila Odyssey, yang menganjurkan satu program di SK Bukit Bangkong (A), sebuah sekolah Orang Asli berhampiran Sungai Pelek, dalam kawasan komuniti Mah Meri. Sekolah tersebut mempunyai kurang daripada 120 orang murid dari Tahun 1 hingga Tahun 6. Program yang dijalankan berfokus kepada STEM, dan murid-murid dibahagikan kepada enam kelas. Saya ditugaskan untuk mengajar mereka cara membuat plastisin sebagai salah satu aktiviti pembelajaran. Setiap sesi dijalankan selama lebih kurang 15 minit. Saya sendiri sebenarnya turut belajar bersama kanak-kanak ini. Secara ringkas, cara membuat plastisin bermula dengan mencampurkan 10 sudu tepung dan 1 sudu garam, kemudian digaul rata. Dalam bekas lain, air dicampurkan dengan pewarna makanan dan untuk kelas ini kami menggunakan warna merah dan biru. . Air berwarna itu dituangkan sedikit demi sedikit ke dalam campuran tepung tadi, lalu diuli sehingga adunan...

Witty Game : Breakout at NU Sentral

 I recently went to Breakout at NU Sentral and played “The War for Rembrandt” with two friends. The game is recommended for beginners and has a 65% success rate. From the start, we purposely chose an easier game because we wanted a higher chance of winning, especially since the tickets weren’t cheap. Even the staff suggested we pick a simpler room. Before the game began, we were given a short briefing on the dos and don'ts. Only one person was allowed to bring a phone into the room, as we needed to download their app beforehand for in-game hints and assistance. All our belongings were stored in a provided locker. The game lasted about 50 minutes. Our first impression upon entering the first room was “wow”. It really felt like stepping into a different world. It was definitely a mental challenge. We asked for hints twice, yet still we didn’t make it through the final room in time. We really enjoyed it although we failed. Haha! Breakout is a themed real-life escape room venue located...

That Wānaka Tree

I was scrolling through my IG when one post caught my eye — a tree. Because the picture was so beautiful, I read the caption. It’s about a famous tree in NZ called the Wānaka Tree. So, I did some research, and here’s some interesting info. A willow tree grows at the edge of Lake Wanaka, on the South Island of New Zealand. It may just be a tree, but it gained popularity among tourists due to its photographic appeal, with a mountainous backdrop and its stunning reflection in the water. Its fame soared when photographer Dennis Radermacher won the New Zealand Geographic Photograph of the Year in 2014. It goes back to the 1930s when a farmer planted willow branches into the ground to make fence posts. It was meant to be just a fence post, part of a line to stop animals from wandering around the lake’s edge. But nature had other plans. That branch took root and grew into a tree. Against all odds, and unbelievably, it is now one of the most photographed sights in New Zealand tourism and has g...