Skip to main content

Resume Translation (English to Malay)

Few weeks ago, I managed to translate an English resume to Malay resume.

What I learned from doing the job is on surface it was not just a mere resume. For a glance, I knew it was finance and banking industry.

On a hunch, I thought it was a bit tiny easier than a translation job for an article. I was a tad wrong.

If I could explain, the resume still acts like an article with related finance terms as one could write about finance industry.  

The difference maybe an article will elaborate on terms and sometimes examples are used in the article. I usually grab some ideas of the meaning while reading it and helpful to search the intended terms.

In resume, the terms are being used straight away, no explanation which is correctly resume intended writing. The nature of a resume is for the specific industry comprehension. Simple example, engineer resume is for the jobs in engineering or a lawyer resume is for the legal industry.

As a translator, I have to absorb quickly the meaning behind the terms first before finding the correct terms in Malay. Once I understand the meaning, then I can find the terms easier with correct keywords.  

What I’m trying to say to myself, and bare it to you is a resume in English is still a translation job with concise sentences and industry jargons all around.

I nailed it eventually and I believed the client is satisfied. How so? A minute checked upon submission, he already transferred the payment. Wonderful…cantik…katanya. 


note : freelance writer, ghostwriter malaysia, servis menulis, penulis upahan, articlewriter, penulisartikel, translator, penterjemah, social media marketing, online digital marketing, copywriting


Comments

Popular Posts

Decathlon giving back to community

 I recently attended a free Zumba class at the Decathlon PJ branch, which is part of their regular weekly activities that include Zumba, yoga, and more. These activities are often offered at a minimal fee, with occasional free classes for the community, perhaps once a month. The atmosphere was lively, with families playing ping pong and children riding small bikes within the venue, adding to the sense of community. This initiative by Decathlon is a fantastic example of how a business can give back to local residents while promoting a healthy and active lifestyle. I haven’t seen other sports retailers in Malaysia adopt a similar approach. While Decathlon remains a business, they’ve successfully integrated CSR activities by fostering a sports culture through the free or affordable use of their facilities, like badminton, basketball, and futsal courts in selected branches, including those in Selangor, Johor Bahru, and Penang. Classes like Zumba, Pound, and Yoga/Pilates are also availa...

Volunteer sekolah orang asli

 Pada 18 November yang lalu, saya menjadi sukarelawan di bawah sebuah organisasi bernama Bila Bila Odyssey, yang menganjurkan satu program di SK Bukit Bangkong (A), sebuah sekolah Orang Asli berhampiran Sungai Pelek, dalam kawasan komuniti Mah Meri. Sekolah tersebut mempunyai kurang daripada 120 orang murid dari Tahun 1 hingga Tahun 6. Program yang dijalankan berfokus kepada STEM, dan murid-murid dibahagikan kepada enam kelas. Saya ditugaskan untuk mengajar mereka cara membuat plastisin sebagai salah satu aktiviti pembelajaran. Setiap sesi dijalankan selama lebih kurang 15 minit. Saya sendiri sebenarnya turut belajar bersama kanak-kanak ini. Secara ringkas, cara membuat plastisin bermula dengan mencampurkan 10 sudu tepung dan 1 sudu garam, kemudian digaul rata. Dalam bekas lain, air dicampurkan dengan pewarna makanan dan untuk kelas ini kami menggunakan warna merah dan biru. . Air berwarna itu dituangkan sedikit demi sedikit ke dalam campuran tepung tadi, lalu diuli sehingga adunan...

That Wānaka Tree

I was scrolling through my IG when one post caught my eye — a tree. Because the picture was so beautiful, I read the caption. It’s about a famous tree in NZ called the Wānaka Tree. So, I did some research, and here’s some interesting info. A willow tree grows at the edge of Lake Wanaka, on the South Island of New Zealand. It may just be a tree, but it gained popularity among tourists due to its photographic appeal, with a mountainous backdrop and its stunning reflection in the water. Its fame soared when photographer Dennis Radermacher won the New Zealand Geographic Photograph of the Year in 2014. It goes back to the 1930s when a farmer planted willow branches into the ground to make fence posts. It was meant to be just a fence post, part of a line to stop animals from wandering around the lake’s edge. But nature had other plans. That branch took root and grew into a tree. Against all odds, and unbelievably, it is now one of the most photographed sights in New Zealand tourism and has g...