Skip to main content

Random: 3-in-1 Coffee, My Loyal Morning Sidekick

I’ve been drinking 3-in-1 coffee for years. And if there’s one brand I’ve stuck with the longest, it’s definitely OldTown White Coffee. I started with the Classic, then went on to try Hazelnut, Less Sugar, and eventually found my go-to: OldTown White Coffee Extra Rich or Kaw.

Out of all the variations, Kaw is the one I keep coming back to. I love its bold, slightly bitter taste. Honestly, if they ever came out with a Kaw Less Sugar version, that would be perfect for me.

Occasionally, I’ll try other brands like Bintang White Coffee or Ali Muthu & Ah Hock just for a change. But still go back to Kaw. And of course, I love how easy it is to prepare. Being a freelancer, I rely on a good cup of premix coffee to kickstart my day at home, usually just one sachet a day.

Sometimes, I’ll switch it up with Bintang’s Instant Milk Tea too, especially when I’m craving teh tarik. Of course, it’s not the same as at mamak’s place, but it’s as close as it gets.

For me, a good premix should have at least 40g per sachet. I remember OldTown used to be 40g, but now it’s down to 38g and I can really taste the difference. Same with Bintang, which has gone from 38g to 36g.

I’m not sure if anyone else notices, but I can really tell when they reduce just 2g from a sachet. Am I weird? In the end, I usually adjust by adding less water, and the taste balances out again.

I know it's not the healthiest habit, but this is one of my small pleasures.


___________________________________________________________________________________


Kopi 3-in-1, Teman Setia Pagi I

Honestly, dah bertahun I minum kopi 3-in-1. Brand yang paling lama I stay sampai sekarang ialah OldTown White Coffee. Mula-mula dengan Klasik, lepas tu try juga Hazelnut, Less Sugar, dan sekarang memang lekat terus dengan OldTown White Coffee Kaw. 

Rasa dia yang pahit-pahit kaw tu memang kena dengan tekak I. Kalau diorang keluarkan Kaw Less Sugar, memang perfect. 

Once in a while I try juga brand lain macam Bintang White Coffee or Ali, Muthu & Ah Hock. Tapi selalunya tetap akan patah balik ke OldTown. Nak prepare pun senang, especially as a freelancer kat rumah, I mulakan hari i with satu sachet je sehari. Itu dah cukup untuk bagi I semangat nak start kerja.

Kadang-kadang tukar selera sikit, I minum Bintang Instant Milk Tea. Sedap juga. Lebih-lebih lagi bila teringin nak teh tarik. Mestilah tak sama macam kat kedai mamak, tapi kira paling hampir dah tu.

Bagi I, premix yang umphh mesti ada sekurang-kurangnya 40g dalam satu sachet. I ingat lagi dulu OldTown memang 40g, tapi sekarang dah jadi 38g dan I memang boleh rasa beza dia. Bintang pun sama, dari 38g sekarang tinggal 36g.

Tak sure la orang perasan ke tak 2g yang berkurang tu, ke I je yang pelik notice benda-benda macam ni. End up I selalu adjust dengan kurangkan air, rasa dia jadi “balance” balik.

I know minum premix hari-hari ni tak sihat, but it’s my “kepuasan mini” :)


Comments

Popular Posts

Volunteer sekolah orang asli

 Pada 18 November yang lalu, saya menjadi sukarelawan di bawah sebuah organisasi bernama Bila Bila Odyssey, yang menganjurkan satu program di SK Bukit Bangkong (A), sebuah sekolah Orang Asli berhampiran Sungai Pelek, dalam kawasan komuniti Mah Meri. Sekolah tersebut mempunyai kurang daripada 120 orang murid dari Tahun 1 hingga Tahun 6. Program yang dijalankan berfokus kepada STEM, dan murid-murid dibahagikan kepada enam kelas. Saya ditugaskan untuk mengajar mereka cara membuat plastisin sebagai salah satu aktiviti pembelajaran. Setiap sesi dijalankan selama lebih kurang 15 minit. Saya sendiri sebenarnya turut belajar bersama kanak-kanak ini. Secara ringkas, cara membuat plastisin bermula dengan mencampurkan 10 sudu tepung dan 1 sudu garam, kemudian digaul rata. Dalam bekas lain, air dicampurkan dengan pewarna makanan dan untuk kelas ini kami menggunakan warna merah dan biru. . Air berwarna itu dituangkan sedikit demi sedikit ke dalam campuran tepung tadi, lalu diuli sehingga adunan...

Witty Game : Breakout at NU Sentral

 I recently went to Breakout at NU Sentral and played “The War for Rembrandt” with two friends. The game is recommended for beginners and has a 65% success rate. From the start, we purposely chose an easier game because we wanted a higher chance of winning, especially since the tickets weren’t cheap. Even the staff suggested we pick a simpler room. Before the game began, we were given a short briefing on the dos and don'ts. Only one person was allowed to bring a phone into the room, as we needed to download their app beforehand for in-game hints and assistance. All our belongings were stored in a provided locker. The game lasted about 50 minutes. Our first impression upon entering the first room was “wow”. It really felt like stepping into a different world. It was definitely a mental challenge. We asked for hints twice, yet still we didn’t make it through the final room in time. We really enjoyed it although we failed. Haha! Breakout is a themed real-life escape room venue located...

That Wānaka Tree

I was scrolling through my IG when one post caught my eye — a tree. Because the picture was so beautiful, I read the caption. It’s about a famous tree in NZ called the Wānaka Tree. So, I did some research, and here’s some interesting info. A willow tree grows at the edge of Lake Wanaka, on the South Island of New Zealand. It may just be a tree, but it gained popularity among tourists due to its photographic appeal, with a mountainous backdrop and its stunning reflection in the water. Its fame soared when photographer Dennis Radermacher won the New Zealand Geographic Photograph of the Year in 2014. It goes back to the 1930s when a farmer planted willow branches into the ground to make fence posts. It was meant to be just a fence post, part of a line to stop animals from wandering around the lake’s edge. But nature had other plans. That branch took root and grew into a tree. Against all odds, and unbelievably, it is now one of the most photographed sights in New Zealand tourism and has g...