Skip to main content

Super Saigon - mission to satiate my craving for a bowl of pho

 Quite a few times I went to Super Saigon in TTDI for its delicious pho and iced coffee. I always ordered these. After Covid, I forgot about this place and one of these days, the memories of having hot beef noodle soup came clouding in my head. It had been years. 

One day, when my friend and I were in Jalan Semarak KL, we thought of having lunch in some restaurant around. Vietnamese pho came to mind again. 

When I ‘googled’ the branches…

Yeay! There is one in Ampang and it is around 15 minutes away. 

Since we went on Sunday, parking was not a hassle. This was our first time eating at Super Saigon Ampang and we loved the ambiance. The place is bigger than the one in TTDI and less crowded. We loved the feel of it already.

I ordered the long craving of pho. I thought I wanted iced coffee but there was another drink of coconut iced coffee. Since I like to try and explore new taste, I ordered the drink.

The pho taste was consistent as to what I remembered. Some restaurants they lost touch of their good taste, and some they don’t take care of the presentation anymore. Therefore, I should say they are excellent in maintaining the services.

I finished the pho, slurping the broth, enjoying every sip. The broth was light and clear but flavourful. The beef were tender. I had nothing to say about the menu but nice and delicious. 

When it came down to coconut iced coffee.. Wow! 

I love the taste. You still tasted the bitter coffee but with the coconut, it tasted so rich and creamy. It is still iced coffee, with slightly milky and smooth coconut taste that somehow compliment the coffee flavour. I urged to order 2 glasses, but I refrained myself ;p

I will definitely come back for this pairing. 

I surely had satisfied my long overdue craving.



Comments

Popular Posts

Decathlon giving back to community

 I recently attended a free Zumba class at the Decathlon PJ branch, which is part of their regular weekly activities that include Zumba, yoga, and more. These activities are often offered at a minimal fee, with occasional free classes for the community, perhaps once a month. The atmosphere was lively, with families playing ping pong and children riding small bikes within the venue, adding to the sense of community. This initiative by Decathlon is a fantastic example of how a business can give back to local residents while promoting a healthy and active lifestyle. I haven’t seen other sports retailers in Malaysia adopt a similar approach. While Decathlon remains a business, they’ve successfully integrated CSR activities by fostering a sports culture through the free or affordable use of their facilities, like badminton, basketball, and futsal courts in selected branches, including those in Selangor, Johor Bahru, and Penang. Classes like Zumba, Pound, and Yoga/Pilates are also availa...

Volunteer sekolah orang asli

 Pada 18 November yang lalu, saya menjadi sukarelawan di bawah sebuah organisasi bernama Bila Bila Odyssey, yang menganjurkan satu program di SK Bukit Bangkong (A), sebuah sekolah Orang Asli berhampiran Sungai Pelek, dalam kawasan komuniti Mah Meri. Sekolah tersebut mempunyai kurang daripada 120 orang murid dari Tahun 1 hingga Tahun 6. Program yang dijalankan berfokus kepada STEM, dan murid-murid dibahagikan kepada enam kelas. Saya ditugaskan untuk mengajar mereka cara membuat plastisin sebagai salah satu aktiviti pembelajaran. Setiap sesi dijalankan selama lebih kurang 15 minit. Saya sendiri sebenarnya turut belajar bersama kanak-kanak ini. Secara ringkas, cara membuat plastisin bermula dengan mencampurkan 10 sudu tepung dan 1 sudu garam, kemudian digaul rata. Dalam bekas lain, air dicampurkan dengan pewarna makanan dan untuk kelas ini kami menggunakan warna merah dan biru. . Air berwarna itu dituangkan sedikit demi sedikit ke dalam campuran tepung tadi, lalu diuli sehingga adunan...

That Wānaka Tree

I was scrolling through my IG when one post caught my eye — a tree. Because the picture was so beautiful, I read the caption. It’s about a famous tree in NZ called the Wānaka Tree. So, I did some research, and here’s some interesting info. A willow tree grows at the edge of Lake Wanaka, on the South Island of New Zealand. It may just be a tree, but it gained popularity among tourists due to its photographic appeal, with a mountainous backdrop and its stunning reflection in the water. Its fame soared when photographer Dennis Radermacher won the New Zealand Geographic Photograph of the Year in 2014. It goes back to the 1930s when a farmer planted willow branches into the ground to make fence posts. It was meant to be just a fence post, part of a line to stop animals from wandering around the lake’s edge. But nature had other plans. That branch took root and grew into a tree. Against all odds, and unbelievably, it is now one of the most photographed sights in New Zealand tourism and has g...