Skip to main content

Super Saigon - mission to satiate my craving for a bowl of pho

 Quite a few times I went to Super Saigon in TTDI for its delicious pho and iced coffee. I always ordered these. After Covid, I forgot about this place and one of these days, the memories of having hot beef noodle soup came clouding in my head. It had been years. 

One day, when my friend and I were in Jalan Semarak KL, we thought of having lunch in some restaurant around. Vietnamese pho came to mind again. 

When I ‘googled’ the branches…

Yeay! There is one in Ampang and it is around 15 minutes away. 

Since we went on Sunday, parking was not a hassle. This was our first time eating at Super Saigon Ampang and we loved the ambiance. The place is bigger than the one in TTDI and less crowded. We loved the feel of it already.

I ordered the long craving of pho. I thought I wanted iced coffee but there was another drink of coconut iced coffee. Since I like to try and explore new taste, I ordered the drink.

The pho taste was consistent as to what I remembered. Some restaurants they lost touch of their good taste, and some they don’t take care of the presentation anymore. Therefore, I should say they are excellent in maintaining the services.

I finished the pho, slurping the broth, enjoying every sip. The broth was light and clear but flavourful. The beef were tender. I had nothing to say about the menu but nice and delicious. 

When it came down to coconut iced coffee.. Wow! 

I love the taste. You still tasted the bitter coffee but with the coconut, it tasted so rich and creamy. It is still iced coffee, with slightly milky and smooth coconut taste that somehow compliment the coffee flavour. I urged to order 2 glasses, but I refrained myself ;p

I will definitely come back for this pairing. 

I surely had satisfied my long overdue craving.



Comments

Popular Posts

Volunteer sekolah orang asli

 Pada 18 November yang lalu, saya menjadi sukarelawan di bawah sebuah organisasi bernama Bila Bila Odyssey, yang menganjurkan satu program di SK Bukit Bangkong (A), sebuah sekolah Orang Asli berhampiran Sungai Pelek, dalam kawasan komuniti Mah Meri. Sekolah tersebut mempunyai kurang daripada 120 orang murid dari Tahun 1 hingga Tahun 6. Program yang dijalankan berfokus kepada STEM, dan murid-murid dibahagikan kepada enam kelas. Saya ditugaskan untuk mengajar mereka cara membuat plastisin sebagai salah satu aktiviti pembelajaran. Setiap sesi dijalankan selama lebih kurang 15 minit. Saya sendiri sebenarnya turut belajar bersama kanak-kanak ini. Secara ringkas, cara membuat plastisin bermula dengan mencampurkan 10 sudu tepung dan 1 sudu garam, kemudian digaul rata. Dalam bekas lain, air dicampurkan dengan pewarna makanan dan untuk kelas ini kami menggunakan warna merah dan biru. . Air berwarna itu dituangkan sedikit demi sedikit ke dalam campuran tepung tadi, lalu diuli sehingga adunan...

Witty Game : Breakout at NU Sentral

 I recently went to Breakout at NU Sentral and played “The War for Rembrandt” with two friends. The game is recommended for beginners and has a 65% success rate. From the start, we purposely chose an easier game because we wanted a higher chance of winning, especially since the tickets weren’t cheap. Even the staff suggested we pick a simpler room. Before the game began, we were given a short briefing on the dos and don'ts. Only one person was allowed to bring a phone into the room, as we needed to download their app beforehand for in-game hints and assistance. All our belongings were stored in a provided locker. The game lasted about 50 minutes. Our first impression upon entering the first room was “wow”. It really felt like stepping into a different world. It was definitely a mental challenge. We asked for hints twice, yet still we didn’t make it through the final room in time. We really enjoyed it although we failed. Haha! Breakout is a themed real-life escape room venue located...

Buat MyKad Baharu di JPN Petaling Jaya (PJ)

Minggu lepas, I finally decided untuk renew MyKad kat JPN Petaling Jaya. IC lama I sebenarnya cip masih berfungsi, boleh scan dan guna macam biasa. Tapi fizikal kad tu bahagian tepi dah terkopek-kopek sampai I terpaksa tampal dengan salotep. Kad tu jadi macam tu sebab dulu I guna as Touch ‘n Go. Lepas 2–3 tahun guna hari-hari, especially masa travel naik public transport, makin lama makin lunyai. So, I stop guna sebagai TnG and just simpan elok-elok… memang nampak sangat wear and tear IC tu. Cumanya, setiap kali urusan rasmi macam di bank, bila diminta IC, reaksi pegawai selalunya terkejut tengok rupa IC tu. Setiap kali I akan explain, seganlah juga. Jadi, selepas bertahun-tahun (kali terakhir renew pada tahun 2011), akhirnya I pergi JPN PJ.  Sampai sana around 2pm. Parking memang ada, tak payah risau. I terus masuk, ambil nombor giliran. Masa tu pukul 2.09pm. Tunggu tak lama, dalam 2.43pm I dah kena panggil. Proses dia cepat je, ambil gambar baru and check butiran semua. I hanya d...